The Prevention of Unauthorized Waste course, a.k.a. Waste Screening, covers a variety of topics with supporting regulations associated with the managing of unauthorized wastes at municipal solid waste facilities. The course material intends to give MSW personnel the knowledge necessary to recognize unallowable waste.
The Prevention of Unauthorized Waste online course has been approved by the TCEQ for 8 CEU’s to go towards the MSW A or B license renewal requirements – TCEQ Course Code 1263.
This course provides and enables you to develop and implement the regulatory requirements by:
• Developing a working knowledge of regulated hazardous waste, prohibited waste, PCB waste, and other unauthorized wastes.
• Developing a working knowledge of the Texas regulatory system for managing solid waste.
• Assessing generators and associated waste streams.
• Establishing programs for the facility and the local community.
• Training operators and educating the local community about unauthorized wastes and the programs available to legally manage them.
• Preparing a site operating plan for implementing all regulatory and program activities.
• Documenting program activities by developing a comprehensive record keeping system.